Millions of United States retirees have some good news today. The Social Security Administration will send a new check tomorrow to many pensioners. There is only one key requirement to be met in order to receive this check in less than 24 hours. The payment day will be tomorrow, December 21, and the beneficiaries will be retirees who were born on certain dates. In addition to the date of birth requirement, it is also important to remember that the retiree must have a benefit already accepted.
There are many retirees who still have a benefit in process. Those retirees must wait a little longer until the Social Security Administration finally accepts that a monthly benefit will be sent to them. This is the first step in receiving these checks. Once the SSA accepts the pension application, the user will receive his or her benefit every month.
With all this in mind, the retirees who receive the Social Security check tomorrow are those born between the 11th and 20th. It is also mandatory to have previously accepted an SSA benefit. With these two requirements fulfilled, it is easy to control the day on which we will receive the benefit.
The 21st day of December is not the only day that Social Security sends payments during the month. In addition to this day, there are other days on which the Administration pays different checks, whether for pension or otherwise.
Other Social Security payments in December
Up to 5 different Social Security payments take place in the month of December. A retiree can get a maximum of 3 of these payments. It is usual to receive only one of them, but it is possible to receive 3. These are the SSA payments in December.
- December 1st. SSI payment for SSI users. Not all retirees can receive this Social Security payment.
- December 14th. Second Wednesday of the month. On this day, retirees born between the 1st and 10th of any month receive their retirement check.
- December 21st. Third Wednesday of the month. On this day, Social Security sends the benefit check to retirees born between the 11th and 20th of any month.
- December 28th. Fourth Wednesday of the month. Last Social Security payment for the month of December. This check is for retirees with birthdays between the 21st and 31st of the month.
- December 30th. SSI payment for January 2023. This is because January 1 is a holiday, so the payment is made on the immediately preceding business day.
With all this in mind, when will you receive your retirement benefit? Social Security will send you the check depending on the date of your birthday, so you just need to check whether you will receive it on the second, third or fourth Wednesday.
The maximum Social Security benefit in 2022 is $4,194. That figure will increase by next year 2023, as the COLA will cause all SSA checks to increase by 8.7% for retirees and disabled users.