In order for retirees throughout the United States, whether retired due to age or disability, to know the day on which they receive their pension, the Social Security Administration has created a payment calendar. Through this calendar, all retirees can more easily organize their economy and finances. In this way, any senior or disabled user who has an accepted benefit can know well in advance the day on which he or she will receive his or her pension.
The average number of payments per month is 4 since Social Security sends the retirement payments in three different groups. On the other hand, it also sends the Supplemental Security Income payment, although this payment is not for all retirees. As far as retirement is concerned, there are three different payments. But not all retirees receive these three payments. Each of these checks is for a different group of seniors. So depending on the date of birth, the retiree will collect earlier or later.
Social Security Payments before the end of 2022
There are currently 2 months left in the year 2022. Therefore, before the year 2023 arrives we will have several different Social Security payments. In the month of November, there are 4 payments, while in the month of December we will have 5 different payments, although the last one actually belongs to the next year. Let’s look at the payments for the following months.
Remember that you must meet certain requirements to receive these payments. Depending on the day of your birthday, you may receive the benefit on one payment day or another. Pay close attention so as not to miss any details about these Social Security payments.
Payment in November
In this month we will have 4 different payments:
- November 1st. Supplemental Security Income payment.
- November 9th. The Social Security Administration sends the retirement payment to seniors or users with disabilities born between the 1st and 10th of the month.
- November 16th. Beneficiaries born between the 11th and 20th of the month receive their retirement benefits on this day.
- November 23rd. On this day, retirees with benefits who have a birthday between the 21st and 31st of the month will receive their pension.
In November there are payments from Social Security for retirement and Supplemental Security Income.
Payment in December
In this month there are a total of 5 different payments.
- December 1st. Supplemental Security Income payment.
- December 14th. Second Wednesday of the month. On this day, Social Security sends the payment to those born between the 1st and 10th of the month.
- December 21st. Third Wednesday of the month. This is the pension payment day for retirees born between the 11th and 20th.
- December 28th. Fourth Wednesday of the month. Social Security sends payments to retirees born between the 21st and 31st of the month.
- December 30th. On this day, the Social Security Administration sends the SSI payment for the month of January 2023.
Therefore, we can say that the first payment with the 8.7% COLA already applied will be made in this same year 2022, since Social Security will send it in December.
And one of the best things to keep in mind is that if you already have an accepted benefit you don’t have to do anything. You just have to wait for the money to enter your bank account. Social Security will always send it on the established dates, so you won’t have to request payments.