Inflation and the increase in prices across the United States is dangerous for people collecting Social Security. If there is not finally a good COLA by 2023, all benefit recipients may be in a bad situation. Luckily, there are companies like US Bank that offer us a good amount of benefits if we use their credit card. Thanks to this, we will be able to make much better use of every dollar of our Social Security benefit.
Having a good credit card that offers a great set of benefits is very important. This US Bank card offers some great advantages with respect to gas and other expenses. Every time you pump gas, a portion of that Social Security you spend is converted to points. And you can earn a good amount of points if you travel regularly.
Why is my Social Security higher if I use this credit card?
At first glance, it doesn’t seem like our monthly Social Security payment will increase using this card. But if we take a closer look at all the details we may find that we can actually save. Every time we use this credit card we will earn points. With those points we can get prizes, gift cards and much more.
By spending part of our Social Security payment with this card we will get the following:
- No foreign transaction fee
- 5x points per dollar for prepaid hotel and rental cards booked through the Altitude Rewards Center.
- 4x points per dollar for gas
- Visa Signature Protections
So, this is a credit card that offers a lot of points for regular purchases. The only downside is that there is an annual fee to use the card. To find out the amount of the fee, it is best to contact the bank to find out all the details.
What can I spend my Visa points on?
Within the category of the possible prizes of this credit card we find several very interesting things to be able to make our Social Security longer:
- Cash back: In certain occasions we will be able to obtain that a percentage of the purchase returns to the credit car. This is very important because after many purchases, we can spend those points in cash back and recover that money directly.
- Travel: We can also spend our points on travel. These can be hotels, airline tickets or tickets to museums and theaters. Consult the bank’s list to know the available prizes.
- Gift Cards: This may be the best option. We can get gift cards from many different stores to buy whatever we want.
- Merchandise: If you spend part of your Social Security using this credit card, you can spend the points to get fantastic merchandise from your bank. These are useful everyday items such as towels, bottles, etc.
- Charity: We can also donate our points to charity to help those in need. It is a good way to stretch our Social Security and, at the same time, to benefit.