In the United States, finding the best place to spend our golden years collecting Social Security is no easy task. On top of that, everyone has a different retirement age. For this reason, it is important to look for what we like best. It is true that at 62 years of age we do not look for the same things as we do at 70 years of age. And that is why we must look hard and find a place that we really like to live our retirement. As seniors, Social Security retirees can live in any state while collecting their pension.
In addition to that, it is also true that retirees can live in a large number of countries abroad while collecting Social Security. Therefore, everyone can choose the place where he/she wants to be. But this time we are going to focus on places in Florida where you can enjoy your Social Security retirement benefit and live the best years of rest. And in the best possible way.
There are many more different places within Florida to enjoy Social Security. Of course, there are also many more places throughout the United States. But these 5 places have something special that make many retirees want to spend their retirement there. Let’s see what these 5 places are so you can decide if they are the best for yourself or if you prefer to keep looking for another place to spend your retirement.
Places in Florida to enjoy your Social Security retirement
At these 5 places in Florida you can live on just your Social Security retirement, according to GoBankingRates. Still, you can also look for an extra source of income in case your retirement benefit is too small.
- The Villages. This city has a one-bedroom rental rate at $756 per month. Overhead, including housing, is about $1,593. Therefore, an average Social Security benefit of $1,666 per month means you can live comfortably here.
- Ocala. With an average expense of $806 per month in rent and $1,615 in total expenses, you can live comfortably on Social Security.
- Levy County. The median price per month here is $1,457 per month. For housing, you will pay around $575.00 here, a very affordable expense.
- Homosassa Springs. The average Social Security of $1,666.00 per month for retirees is not a problem here. This is because the average monthly expense is around $1,550.00.
- Baker County. You’ll pay around $1,455 per month for all expenses in this city. This is less than the average Social Security benefit, so you can live in Baker County without any problem.
The budget contemplating in these cases is for the basic things, although surely after paying everything you will have a little extra money from Social Security to even save.