Among all the advantages of starting to collect Social Security in the United States, there is one that stands out above the rest. Knowing the exact day on which we collect our monthly check is something that helps us enormously to have a good financial organization. In addition to this, knowing the date on which we collect Social Security is very simple. It is enough to know the day of the birthday.
In this sense, you could collect your Social Security retirement on the second, third or fourth Wednesday of the month. We are talking about age or disability retirement, not Supplemental Security Income. SSI payment is a different day. If you want to know if you are actually on the list for the next payment, just check the day you collect your pension.
The 23rd of November is today, which means the Social Security Administration will send out the payment today for retirees born between the 21st and 31st of the month. Just by meeting the birthday requirement, you know you can have the benefit in your pocket today. However, to get your Social Security check today, you must activate Direct Deposit.
Since this is the last payment from Social Security in November, retirees will have to wait until the second Wednesday in December to cash the next check. Although the SSA will also send checks on the third and fourth Wednesday of the month, as is customary. In contrast, the Supplemental Security Income payment will arrive on the first of December, although it is not for all users.
Remaining Social Security Payments in 2022
As we have previously discussed, in 2022 the Social Security Administration will send out more payments. In total there will be 5 different payments. On the one hand, we have 2 payments from Supplemental Security Income. On the other hand, we have the 3 SSA pension payments.
- December 1st. Supplemental Security Income payment.
- December 14th. First Social Security pension payment of the month. For retirees born between the 1st and 10th.
- December 21. Second mailing of SSA checks in December. This mailing is for seniors and pensioners with a disability born between the 11th and 20th.
- December 28th. Third and final SSA pension payment for the month. The Social Security Administration sends this payment to retirees born between the 21st and 31st.
- December 30. SSI payment pertaining to January 2023. This means that in the first month of next year there will be no direct payment of this type of benefit.
With this information in mind we can now organize ourselves better. Remember to activate Direct Deposit if you want to receive your Social Security benefit automatically.