Do you have an old Android phone at home, and have you ever thought about getting rid of it because it’s not even suitable for resale? With the advice we will give you below, you will think twice about wanting to remove it from your sight. There are many people who have a cell phone in storage and here we explain how you can turn it into a Walkie Talkie.
This is a Walkie Talkie feature that is accessible as long as you have Google Play Store on your smartphone, as it is the most important requirement to get the app. Below we will tell you, step by step, how to turn your old Android phone into a Walkie Talkie.
Here’s how to turn your smartphone into a Walkie Talkie
- Go to Google Play Store and download the app called Walkie Talkie Communication.
- After that, grant the necessary permissions and then enter your age.
- You will have two options to communicate: one through a public network and the other through a private one.
- In the public network, you will be able to talk to people from all over the world, but it is usually very confusing because all the voices are mixed.
- In the private network, you will only be able to communicate with people who are close to you and connected to the same Wifi network.
After this procedure, you will have an interesting and fun way of communication. So do not hesitate any longer and give a second chance to that Android phone you do not use and you have saved.
What is and what is the function of a Walkie-Talkie?
Two-way radios, walkie-talkies or more commonly known as “radios” are devices that send voice over a radio frequency that is transmitted through an antenna. The voice is then decoded from the radio signal and the message is received by the other party.
Initially, the walkie-talkie or portable radio was developed for military use. These had a half-duplex channel in which only one radio transmitted at a time and the message could be heard by numerous people within a given group.
One of the most important features is its PTT button that allows immediate conversations to be initiated. The design has varied over time, but its construction is similar to that of a telephone transceiver with an antenna. Since in a catastrophe or battlefield the telephone networks were not available and could be intercepted, this type of communication was indispensable.