Just as it is important for our dogs to undergo a veterinary examination, it is also important to maintain their hygiene in all respects. One of them is keeping the bed clean, for example, as well as the bowls for food and water. For this reason, we’ll leave you some homemade tricks so that they don’t get contaminated and your dogs enjoy good health.
In a few cases, the dog usually eats all the food and even uses its tongue to practically clean its dish. This doesn’t mean you should leave the bowl like that until the next day, but it is an occasion for you to clean it well.
Homemade tips for cleaning your dog’s dishes
- Start by removing any debris that may have accumulated in the pan.
- Find a new bowl wash sponge and replace it frequently. Do not wash it in the kitchen sink as it can cross-contaminate it and harm another family member.
- Wash your dog’s bowl inside or out and pay special attention to areas where the food has hardened.
- Wash them with hot water to remove any substances or organisms that may have stuck to them and be sure not to leave any traces of the soap used.
- Dry the dishes well so that there are no wet or damp parts. You can use a hair dryer or a paper towel.