If you are a United States retiree and are having trouble getting your tax return to the IRS, don’t worry. It is quite possible that the Internal Revenue Service itself can help you file your taxes. In order to access free help you do not need to do anything exceptional or difficult. However, you must meet certain IRS requirements if you want to get this help.
Moreover, it does not matter if you meet these requirements or not, since there are several forms of help from the IRS. It is true that one type of help is more useful than another, but any help is good if we are talking about sending our tax return to the IRS. For that reason, we need to know in what ways the Internal Revenue Service will be able to help us.
In case we still need help in sending our tax return to the Internal Revenue Service, we can always contact an advisor. However, just any advisor is no good for us, as we need him/her to be legally attached to the IRS. Otherwise we could have problems, since it could be a scammer who wants to take our Tax Refund.
How can a senior get help from the IRS for the tax return?
There are several ways a senior can get help from the IRS to file a tax return. This help is not for everyone, as there are certain requirements to meet. The following are the possible helps:
It’s great to have choices, especially when they’re free. #IRS reminds seniors and retirees to learn about all the free filing options they have this year: https://t.co/LadCLUMnq4 #IRSTaxTip #IRSFreeFile pic.twitter.com/RvytOo9KDA
— IRSnews (@IRSnews) March 7, 2023
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) – This in-person help can be for both retirees over 60 and low-income individuals. However, those over age 60 have priority.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – This program is for citizens making $60,000 or less in income. In addition to retirees, also users with disabilities and limited English-speaking.
- IRS Free File – The best program for hassle-free tax filing. The IRS gives citizens access to this program if they have an income of $73,000 or less in 2022.
- Free File Fillable Forms – The forms to make the tax return and send it to the IRS, but all in digital. Being digital, the help is much greater than it seems, as it allows us to complete the documents in a quick and straightforward way.
- MilTax – For some war veterans it is possible to use MilTax, a program that will help to solve tax problems.
If we use some of these means we will be able to send our Tax Return in a very short time. And remember that you have until April 18th to send it to the IRS, since that is the last day of the Tax Season.