Now that the Tax Season has started and we are in time to send in the United States the Tax Return we have to look at all aspects. The IRS offers a lot of direct help for Americans with a disability. Therefore, if you are in that group it would be wise to look at all those helps.
And some of those helps offered by the IRS for Americans with Disabilities could be useful to us. While it is true that each help has its requirements and conditions, we could benefit from some of them.
In addition, we should also keep in mind that we do not only get attorney and tax help. The IRS offers Americans with disabilities assistance in completing the Tax Return and sending it to the offices.
In short, those Americans with a disability who want to get help will be able to do so. So pay attention to what the IRS offers because it could be very helpful in your particular case.
IRS Help for Taxpayers with Disabilities
As we have already mentioned, the IRS itself offers Volunteer Income Tax Assistance or Tax Counseling for the Elderly Programs. Through this service, those citizens with a disability who cannot send their Tax Return will get direct help.
There is also other help to consider. Tax deductions can be several, as well as credits. The IRS provides more details within each specific category. But we should know:
- If you are legally blind, you can get a larger deduction.
- If you have a gross income, you may be able to get special credits or deductions.
- If you can’t get a job because of a physical or mental disability, you may have different deductions.
- If you have a disability or are a senior, there are also IRS credits for that.
- If you have high medical expenses, you may be able to get help on your Tax Return.
- If you have a disability but work, you may also be able to get attorney help.
In general, the IRS makes a lot of help available to citizens with a disability. So don’t worry if you don’t know how to file your Tax Return or you can’t, since the offices will be able to guide you.
Likewise, do not forget to ask for all the help on taxes. And we could get a lot of credits from the IRS in case we get this kind of help every year.