In the United States there are thousands of companies that help people in need. As an official agency, there is the Social Security Administration, which both with retirement pensions and monthly Supplemental Security Income payments provides a large amount of money to citizens.
In addition to that, sometimes Supplemental Security Income users can receive more financial help. This is great news because Supplemental Security Income recipients not only have limited income, but also limited resources.
If you have a monthly Supplemental Security Income check payment, you may be able to receive a discount on your internet bill. This program has been around for a long time, but not everyone knows about it. It is a great benefit that can help you save a few dollars every month.
How to get the internet discount with Supplemental Security Income?
In order to access this Internet discount it is necessary to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). With this program we will be able to receive a good monthly discount on our Internet connection.
In order to receive this program we must perform three steps:
- Verify that we are eligible. If a family is eligible they will be able to get the monthly discount on their internet bill. You can check if you are eligible by having the Supplemental Security Income and accessing the eligible categories.
- Apply for the ACP. Once we know we are eligible, we must apply for the ACP.
- Search for a company. Once we have the ACP accepted, we must look for an Internet company that offers us the use of this payment that complements the Supplemental Security Income.
So if you are thinking about applying for this help program to lower the price of internet for Social Security users, just follow these steps.
How much of a discount do we get?
After checking whether or not we are eligible, there are several discount options. These are fully compatible with the Supplemental Security Income check:
- Discount of up to $30 per month on your internet service.
- Up to $70 off your household if you are in Tribal lands.
- A check for up to $100 off to purchase a computer, tablet or other similar electronic device.
- A low-priced service that can be paid for with only the financial help from the ACP without the need to pay part of our Supplemental Security Income.
As can be seen, this service offers great advantages. Through the ACP we will be able to have access to the Internet without the need to pay dollars out of our pocket. This is very useful for the most needy families.