Next December thousands of United States citizens will be able to access up to 3 different Social Security payments. This makes United States beneficiaries of these types of benefits eligible for a payment of around $3,700 if we take into account both the average and the maximum payment in some cases.
Overall, the average Social Security payment is about $1,888. That’s if we take into account all the disability retirement payments and other payout things for seniors age 62, 67 or 70. Also, the other two checks have a maximum payment of 914 on one side and an extra 3.2% thanks to the COLA on the other side.
The account is very easy to set up and it is very simple to understand all of this. The only thing we need to keep in mind to figure out how much Social Security money we will get in December is what kind of benefits we have accepted. If we only have retirement, it’s not likely to be $3,700, although it’s possible.
If we have a Social Security retirement check and Supplemental Security Income payment accepted we could then get around $3,700, since the SSI check comes in double in the next month.
HOW TO GET $3,700 FROM SOCIAL SECURITY IN DECEMBER 2023?
In order to have access to all the checks that grant around $3,700 in this year 2023 we must take into account the benefits we must collect. If we collect the two benefits that the Social Security Administration sends throughout December we could reach that figure.
In that case, we should have an average Social Security check, as we have already discussed, and a Supplemental Security Income payment. SSI will come in double in December for recipients with Direct Depost activated, so reaching a higher figure in this month is possible. The second of these payments will have the 2023 COLA included, so it maxes out at $943.
Knowing this we just need to keep in mind the days on which SSA will send these checks:
- December 1st: Supplemental Security Income payment. This check has a maximum of $914.
- December 1st: Social Security check for pre-1997 retirees. The maximum is $4,555 and the average payment is about $1,888.
- December 13th: Post-1997 retirees with birthdays between the 1st and 10th of the month collect on this day.
- December 20th: Any post-1997 beneficiaries with birthdays between the 11th and 20th of the month get paid on this day.
- December 27th: Payment day for post-1997 retirees with birthdays between the 21st and 31st of the month.
- December 29th: January 2024 Supplemental Security Income payment in advance. This payment is a maximum of $943.
The payments on the 13th, 20th, and 27th have the same maximum and average amount as the payment on the 1st of December. At most we can get three of these payments from Social Security. We could get the two Supplemental Security Income payments and one of the other four checks. Getting them on the same day will depend on whether or not we have Direct Deposit activated.