Tea is one of the most fashionable beverages in the world. Nowadays we can find many types in any establishment, and it has very beneficial properties for our health and well-being.
Like any other food, tea contains in its composition a large number of positive effects for our organism.
But its excessive consumption, as it may sound logical, has contraindications for our health that we should know if we are regular consumers of this product.
In the world today there are many types of teas. And it is that increasingly this drink has been spreading across all continents, becoming today one of the most consumed.
It serves to activate brain activity, to improve the immune system, increases the energy of your body in a healthy way, and we can find it without any added sugar.
The most popular is lemon tea, which can be drunk both hot and cold. But in recent years the use of green tea, red tea, black tea, matcha tea and many other types with different properties has also expanded.
These are the problems of consuming too much tea
There is a great amount of scientific studies nowadays that let us know the great amount of benefits that tea has for our organism.
But many people take this as an excuse to consume this type of drink at all hours and every day. Something that really can be counterproductive for the health of our body.
And is that to get all its positive effects manage to stay in our body, it is not necessary to drink a large amount of tea throughout the day.
This can cause serious problems such as:
- Decreased absorption of iron from food by the body. And the fact is that tea has in its composition a kind of polyphenols that adhere to iron, making it impossible for our body to absorb it.
- Increased levels of stress and anxiety. This is due to the fact that tea is one of the beverages that contains the highest amount of theine. Therefore, taking a quantity that is not recommended by experts may cause our nervous system to start not working properly.
- It promotes insomnia. Just as it is perfect for providing our body with energy in a natural way, its excessive consumption can also increase insomnia.
Experts say that the daily amount needed to get all the benefits of tea, is to take 3 to 4 cups daily.
These are the best teas in the supermarket
Nowadays in any establishment we will be able to find a great variety of teas. Although the best and most consumed are the following:
- Green tea: It is a fundamental source of antioxidant properties to improve the functioning of our body. In addition, it helps to activate our body providing us with a great amount of energy in a natural way.
- Ginger and lemon tea: Ginger has many properties that serve to prevent some serious diseases in the future. Lemon, on the other hand, is a natural fruit with a sour taste that contains characteristics in its composition to improve the functioning of our body.
- Matcha tea: Matcha tea has been gaining popularity over the years. And it is going to bring us a lot of benefits that make it very well known around the world.
All these types of teas will make our body healthier throughout our life. Of course, we must have a responsible consumption of them if we do not want them to harm us.