In the month of December we find an irregularity in the Social Security payment schedule that causes many beneficiaries in the United States to get an extra payment. But not all Americans will be able to access this extra payment.
In order to get an extra Supplemental Security Income check on the 29th of December, it is mandatory to meet certain requirements. Therefore, if we are not in the exact group of Americans who meet all the requirements, we will not be able to access the check.
It is true that some Americans will be able to get this same payment but a few days later. But the truth is that being able to have the money before the beginning of the month to which it belongs is always a great financial help.
Therefore, if we pay attention we could still be on time to get the next of the Supplemental Security Income payments so we can use it for whatever we need. We just need to meet the conditions. Will you have an extra SSI check from Social Security this month?
WHICH GROUPS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE DECEMBER 29 SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME?
Americans in the following groups will not be eligible for the December 29th check. All other beneficiaries will be eligible for the December 29th payment, but they will have to meet the usual Supplemental Security Income requirements.
In this case, the ineligible list is as follows:
- Citizens without accepted Supplemental Security Income. If the check is in the process of being accepted, we will not be able to get it.
- United States residents under 65 years of age without a disability.
- Americans who do not have Direct Deposit activated even if they have SSI accepted.
All other United States citizens will be able to get the payment. The requirements to be able to have this check are the following:
- To have Direct Deposit activated. This will cause the payment to arrive on December 29th. The rest of Americans without this method of collection could get the payment, but a few days later.
- Have Supplemental Security Income as an accepted benefit.
If you do not meet these requirements, you will not be able to get a check on December 29th, since you will have to wait a little longer. It is also good to remember that this month’s payment is actually due in January 2024.
The Social Security Administration sends this Supplemental Security Income check earlier because January 1st is a holiday. In that case, benefit payments are always mailed on the immediately preceding business day.
For that reason, the 2024 COLA is included. So the maximum payment for this check will not be $914 as it is now, but $943 per month. This will be repeated for the remainder of the SSI payments in 2024.