Those United States citizens who have a Social Security retirement or disability benefit know that the Administration follows a schedule when sending out payments. This schedule is usually fixed month after month although sometimes there are changes and small irregularities.
In the month of November there are no changes or irregularities in this regard, so any delay in payments means that there is some problem that the beneficiary himself can fix. Choosing the most appropriate collection method as well as taking into account other factors is fundamental to have every month’s check on time.
Thus, if we want our Social Security payment to appear in our checking account every month without delays and without problems there are several steps to follow. If you have not yet gotten the payment for the month of November, there is still time to find out the reason for the delay.
It is also possible to claim the payment in case you do not get it during the whole month. Even so, to do this we must be absolutely sure that we should have already gotten the check, so we must know the schedule well. Is there any delay in your Social Security payment?
WHY CAN MY SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENT BE LATE?
There are several reasons why your Social Security payment may be delayed. Let’s look at those causes and possible solutions. Keeping all of these in mind will help in a huge way for all the beneficiaries who are waiting month after month for their check.
Here are the possible causes of delayed retirement checks:
- Collection Method. If we choose Direct Deposit we will have the Social Security check immediately in our checking account. If we don’t choose Direct Deposit, the payment may arrive in the next few days, but sometimes it may be delayed.
- Personal Information. Any personal information must be updated. If there are changes in our address or we get divorced, we should immediately notify the Social Security Administration and our own bank.
- Knowledge about the calendar. If we do not know the calendar well we will find that we will have problems determining the day of payment. Check all the requirements for each payday to determine if you will get a check before or after.
- Debts with the bank. If you have debts with the bank, the bank may withhold Social Security. For that reason, eliminating all debts should be one of your priorities.
In addition to these reasons there could be other reasons why the pensioner’s check is late, but these are the main ones.
HOW TO CLAIM THE LATE RETIREMENT PAYMENT?
If our Social Security age or disability retirement check does not arrive on time we can claim it. There are two main ways to do this. The second of these avenues is only for those who have tried to claim the payment through the first one, since in most occasions the problem is solved before reaching the second one.
- Contacting the bank. The bank may withhold payment for various reasons and claiming the check from them first can be key.
- Contacting Social Security. After talking to the bank, if we do not get a solution, we can contact the Social Security Administration.
We should have no problem getting payment once we talk to the Social Security Administration. Still, remember to fix any problems by making use of the tips to avoid the most common causes of retirement check delays.