In the United States, for a citizen to know his or her date of birth means that he or she knows the day on which he or she will collect Social Security benefits. In this sense, it does not matter whether you are already collecting the benefit or will start collecting it in the future. The dates do not change from year to year, as the Social Security Administration always sends payments on the second, third and fourth Wednesday of the month. At the moment, everything seems to indicate that the system will not be changed, so the government’s organization of the pensions is very easy to understand.
If your birthday is between the 11th and 21th of the month it means that the next Social Security payment will be for you. The only prerequisite for this is that you have an accepted SSA benefit. With this condition fulfilled and the date of birth between the above-mentioned days, you will receive your benefit next Wednesday. This will happen if you have Direct Deposit activated. If you do not have this payment method activated, you may have to wait up to 3 days to receive the amount of the check in your bank account.
This is the second to last of the November Social Security payments. From here, the next of the payments will be on the 23rd of November and then in December. In the last month of the year there are up to 5 payments, as exceptionally the SSA will send two payments related to Supplemental Security Income. Luckily we already know the days when Social Security will send out the December payments, so we know how long we will have to wait before we receive the next check with our pension amount.
Social Security December payment schedule
With the 16th day on the horizon as the penultimate payment of November, we can already think about the next month of the year. It coincides, moreover, that it is the last month, so after December the 2023 payments will start to arrive. These payments will have an increase with the COLA, so the benefits will be higher.
- December 1st is Supplemental Security Income payment day.
- December 14th is the day Social Security will send the benefit to retirees born between the 1st and 10th of the month.
- December 21st. The Social Security Administration will send the benefit payment on this day to retirees with birthdays between the 11th and 20th.
- December 28th. This is the last SSA payment for December. This payment is for retirees born between the 21st and 31st of the month.
- December 30th. This day’s payment actually pertains to the January SSI benefit.
From this payment, the 2023 payments begin, so it is the start of a new year for the Social Security Administration and retirees.