In the United States, knowing the exact day you will receive your Social Security benefit is really easy. Retirees only need to know their date of birth to access this information. Therefore, all retirees have this control over their family’s finances at their fingertips. Knowing well in advance the day on which the Social Security Administration sends the pension to the seniors makes everything much easier. The main piece of information, as we have already mentioned, is the date of birth.
There are three different groups of seniors or users with disabilities who receive a benefit. In the first of these groups we find retirees born between the 1st and 10th of the month. On the other hand, in the second group are those born between the 11th and 20th of the month. Finally, the group that receives the final Social Security payment of the month is always the group of retirees born between the 21st and 31st of the month. This organization is always the same in every month, so it is easy to know to which group each retiree belongs.
In this way, each of these groups receives its benefit in a staggered manner. The first group always receives its benefit on the second Wednesday of the month. The second group will receive their disability or retirement payment on the third Wednesday of the month. Finally, the Social Security Administration sends the payment to retirees in the third group on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Thanks to this organization, everything is much easier to keep track of.
Social Security payments in December
Next December the Social Security Administration will send new payments to all retirees. In addition, we already know the dates of these payments, which will be in the following days.
- December 1st. Social Security will send out Supplemental Security Income checks on this day.
- December 7th. Second Wednesday of the month. On this day, the Social Security Administration will send payments to retirees born between the 1st and 10th of the month.
- December 14th. Third Wednesday of the month. The SSA sends retirement checks to retirees born between the 11th and 20th of the month.
- December 21. Fourth Wednesday of the month. Retirees born between the 21st and 31st will receive their Social Security benefit on this day.
- December 30th. This payment is part of the January SSI. Therefore, it is the first payment that will have the 8.7% COLA increase.
This is the December schedule for Social Security payments. The administration sends them on this day and you can receive them immediately if you have Direct Deposit activated.