The banks already know on what day the Social Security Administration will send checks to United States citizens, so now we can know on what day we will receive our benefits. With this calendar, the financial organization of households is more effective and simpler. As far as the three checks are concerned, not all seniors can receive them all.
There are some retirees who will receive only one check a month. On the other hand, there are some who will receive three different checks. Two of these Social Security checks are Supplemental Security Income checks, while the other check is the retirement benefit check. It is not possible to get only two checks, unless you collect only Supplemental Security Income, which is not usually the case.
The maximum Social Security check is $4,558 in 2023, so if we are close to this amount we will not receive Supplemental Security Income. This is because SSI payments are actually for retirees over age 65 or users with disabilities who have low income or few financial resources. How many checks will you receive in March?
Social Security check dates in March
The days when the Social Security Administration will send checks to retirees and users with disabilities are as follows:
- March 1st. First payment of the month. This payment is the Supplemental Security Income for the month of March.
- March 8th. Second payment of the month, but first payment of the retirement benefit. Users with disabilities or retirees born between the 1st and 10th of the month will receive this payment.
- March 15th. Third payment of the month. This is the third Wednesday in March. Payments on this day are for pensioners with birthdays between the 11th and 20th of the month.
- March 22nd. Fourth and final payment pertaining to the month of March. Pensioners with birthdays between the 21st and 31st of the month may receive this benefit.
- March 31st. This payment actually belongs to the month of April. Social Security does not pay it in April because the 1st is a weekend. For this reason, it is sent on the immediately preceding business day.
Given this schedule, a pensioner receiving Supplemental Security Income will cash a check on the 1st and 31st of March. The other check will be on the 8th, 15th or 22nd of the same month. In total, up to 3 checks may arrive in March in a Social Security user’s pocket, as long as all requirements are met.
Remember that since the last payment of the month actually belongs to April’s checks, we will have fewer checks next month. Therefore, we will only collect Social Security next month.