It is well known that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and the one that should contain the most nutrients, since it provides the necessary energy to start the day, but also because it allows the brain to perform its tasks in a better way.
This information has been widely disseminated, but today we bring you the contribution of Houston Methodist Hospital, where Dr. Randall Wright said that eating breakfast properly ensures energy, cognition and clarity in the human brain.
According to Sputnik Mundo, the neurologist said: “The brain is the organ that uses the most energy in our body. Feeding it with the right fuel really benefits it”. The specialist then points out seven recommendations for ideal and easy breakfasts to incorporate into our eating routine.
Seven nutritious options for the week
For this, we leave you seven options during the week to achieve maximum performance in your brain through breakfast.
- Monday: avocado or egg sandwich or toast on whole wheat bread with berries on the side.
- Tuesday: oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts.
- Wednesday: salmon with fruit.
- Thursday: cheese topped with fruit, seeds and nuts.
- Friday: two or three slices of cheese, whole wheat crackers and a hard-boiled egg topped with fruit.
- Saturday: two eggs to taste with red peppers, green peppers, oranges, onions and sun-dried tomatoes. It can be accompanied with omelets.
- Sunday: plain Greek yogurt filled with your three favorite fruits and topped with toasted nuts.