Starting the year with the best physical well-being is possible through a combination of healthy living, exercise and, of course, proper nutrition. Incorporating anti-inflammatory and antioxidant foods into the daily diet will help improve the overall appearance and health of the skin, revealing a face with better tone, greater luminosity and a rejuvenated appearance.
To do this, the doctor Nicholas Perricone, as reported by the website Semana, is very clear about which are the nutrient groups and foods that should not be missing in the dishes if you want to start 2022 rejuvenating the skin.
The Perricone Diet is not conceived to lose weight, although a great majority of those who have followed it have lost weight, since among the keys of the good organic functioning that this nutritional system promotes is to reach the normo-weight, or ideal weight.
This is the list of the 10 superfoods.
1. Wild salmon: Salmon is rich in DMAE, astaxatine and essential fatty acids (more than 5% of its content is “good” fats).
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Composed of almost 75% oleic acid (monounsaturated fat that is responsible for reducing the oxidation of LDL or “bad cholesterol” that can cause cell damage), it is rich in polyphenols such as hydroxytyrosol.
3. Green vegetables: a soup made with broccoli, spinach or green asparagus is an excellent option to obtain nutrients and antioxidants such as vitamin C, calcium or magnesium that help delay aging.
4. Strawberries and berries: Potent, low-glycemic antioxidants are the key to a younger, more vibrant face. They also help reduce accumulated body fat.
5. Organic, unsweetened and low-salt natural dairy products: The two most recommended are organic plain yogurt (with no added sugar or sweeteners) and kefir. Both contain important bacteria for intestinal health and improve digestion.
6. Oatmeal: rich in fiber, monounsaturated fats and protein, it helps control cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as improving the digestive system, regulating blood sugar and protecting the organism from cancer.
7. Aromatic plants and spices: They have anti-aging properties, such as turmeric: anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective. Tabasco sauce is another of the admitted options.
8. Green tea: It is one of the key beverages in Perricone’s anti-aging diet with scientifically proven anti-aging properties. It contains catechin polyphenols and antioxidants that stimulate metabolism and slow aging.
9. Mineral water: Dehydration hinders fat metabolism and therefore prevents the body from excreting waste materials and promotes the development of inflammatory substances.
10. Pure cocoa in small “doses”: It is a powerful antioxidant that prevents the attack of free radicals and, thanks to its high magnesium content, regulates the sugar level, helps to “fix” calcium, controls the intestinal flora and protects the cardiovascular system.