Losing weight once the summer is over is the main objective of most of the population, especially now that the Christmas holidays are getting closer and closer.
The accumulation of fat and fluid retention are the main reasons for the extra kilos that we want to eliminate through a good diet and an exercise plan to lose weight. But what are the most effective exercises to lose weight? What kind of sport can adequately complement a diet?
If you think that the solution is to spend hours and hours in the gym, you are wrong. To lose weight in a healthy way you only need half an hour of exercise, in addition to a balanced Mediterranean diet. The five exercises that we are going to propose will help you achieve your goal.
What exercises to do to lose weight fast?
The exercises we are going to propose can be performed anywhere, even at home, and you will not need specialized equipment for it.
- Squats: Squats are one of the best exercises to work the buttocks and legs. To do a squat correctly, all you have to do is spread your legs shoulder-width apart, pull your butt backwards and lower yourself down without bringing your knees together and keeping your back straight. Once you’re down, you’ll have to come back up while maintaining the position. The ideal is to repeat eight sets of 10 squats, but don’t worry if you get tired before, you can start with fewer sets and increase progressively.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are ideal to gain strength in the arms, and also to lose fat. The ideal is to place your hands on the floor at shoulder level, stretch your body and, little by little, lift your body keeping your back and hips in the same line.
- Abs: working the abdominal area, especially when you want to lose weight, is essential, and for this there is nothing better than good abs. Remember that for the abs to be well done the feet should not be lifted off the ground and you can not help you with your arms to get up.
- Step: if there is an aerobic exercise that makes us burn calories is the step. You can also try aerobics, body pump or any type of activity that makes you sweat and move to lose weight.
- Burpess: Burpees are not easy to do and that is why, although we recommend it, we advise you to start practicing it when you have some resistance. It gets your heart rate up quickly, so fat burning is more effective.
What really makes you lose weight?
To lose weight and lose weight there is no magic formula, it will simply be necessary to make a calorie deficit diet and some exercise adapted to our capacity. The ideal will always be to have a healthy lifestyle to avoid strict diets and miracle diets that then, in the long run, end up causing the dreaded rebound effect or, directly, do not work.
So if your idea is to lose those extra kilos that you have taken during the summer, start a healthy diet and plan a few days of exercise a week.