The American Express Green Card was launched in 1969. The American Express company launched this card with the idea of offering good general services at a lower price than other cards. Today it is still one of the best options to pay and, of course, to travel. The benefits are many, although its disadvantages are really few. If you are thinking of acquiring an American Express Green Card, it is better to know all the features it has.
For that very reason, let’s see what are the main advantages this card has in 2022. Since its inception, the card has offered a great series of advantages for all its users. It is not useless to think about getting one of these cards, especially considering that it is one of the few options that offers a great amount of benefits when we are going to travel. Therefore, the advantages are huge for a person who travels a lot. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, let’s take a look at those advantages below.
Advantages of American Express Green Card
As we have already mentioned previously, the American Express Green Card has a great series of advantages for all users. In addition, applying for it is really easy. In addition, it is also very easy to use, so there is no problem at all in that situation. Let’s take a look at the advantages:
- Welcome offer: the American Express Green Card always has a welcome offer. As it is not always the same offer, it is better to check its conditions to accept the offer we like the most.
- Reward points: Every cent is a point. In this sense, we will get a lot of points to use them as we like. This service is not offered by all cards.
- Transfer points: you can transfer as many points as you want up to 16 travel partners.
- Rewards for general purchases: points earned for general purchases have the value of regular points.
- 3X rewards on travel, transit and dining: in these three categories, points are worth triple.
- LoungBuddy: $100 credit during the year.
- Loss Insurance: Annual card loss and damage insurance is also included.
- Car rental and baggage insurance: This card includes these two items as well.
- Trip delay insurance: Under certain conditions, trip delay insurance is also covered.
- “Plan it” and “Pay as you go”: If you need to carry a balance, you can use these options.
With all this information in mind, the American Express Green Card is a great option for all travelers who want to have a card available all the time. Plus, thanks to its great points accumulation on travel and dining, you can get even more benefits. Don’t forget that applying for it is really easy and you won’t need a lot of information to do it.